Saturday 28 May 2011

Heraklion, Chania, Rethymno, and Argardi

Hellooo again!

Soo first off I'd like to say that every. single. thing. i. eat. is. amazing. I had a vegetarian platter with three stuffed vegetables, cheese, tzatziki, free schnapps and dessert. Then when I went to Chania, we had amazing vegetarian food. Aaah so good. Who ever said that Greece was not vegetarian friendly is silly.

I toured around Heraklion on my first day, going to the Lion Fountain, the old town, the market, and the Venetian fortress. For anyone who ever goes to a venetian harbour in Crete...Do NOT decide to walk down to the little look out point, unless you want to kill a couple hours. It took far too long and my feet were dead by the end of it. BUT the venetian fortress was very cool nonetheless

Yesterday I went on a tour that visited Chania and Rethymno and they are BEAUTIFUL. Chania was probably my favourite and it was very very very pretty in the old town. Loved the buildings and it was generally very clean. I met a group of Americans, an aunt, a mother and the daughter, and they were all very kind. We had supper/lunch and it was AMAZING (as I mentioned previously haha). I really like travelling on my own, as I have already met so many people. ]

Tourist Markets start to all look the same in Greece so I think when I get back to Athens I'll try and find where the locals shop, as it seems all of the tourist places get their things from mass-producers...Even if they are usually hand made and from Greece.

Generally very incredible time so far and I will update as soon as I can later!

Oh and I should probably mention to make you all feel better that it's quite rainy here...Which is very unusual and depressing for the locals. Warm weather though, so oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment